1. Visitor and third party support access is recorded and supervised. All visitors are escorted.
2. Repairs are documented and the documentation is retained.
3. Fire extinguishers and detectors are installed according to applicable laws and regulations.
4. Maintenance is controlled and conducted by authorized personnel in accordance with supplier-recommended intervals, insurance policies and the organization’s maintenance program.
5. Electronic and physical media containing covered information is securely destroyed (or the information securely removed) prior to disposal.
6. The organization securely disposes media with sensitive information.
7. Physical access is restricted using smart locks that track all access.
- Restricted areas and facilities are locked when unattended (where feasible).
- Only authorized workforce members receive access to restricted areas (as determined by the Security Officer).
- Access and keys are revoked upon termination of workforce members.
- Workforce members must report a lost and/or stolen key(s) to the Security Officer.
- The Security Officer facilitates the changing of the lock(s) within 7 days of a key being reported lost/stolen
8. Enforcement of Facility Access Policies
- Report violations of this policy to the restricted area’s department team leader, supervisor, manager, or director, or the Privacy Officer.
- Workforce members in violation of this policy are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Visitors in violation of this policy are subject to loss of vendor privileges and/or termination of services from LifeWIRE.
9. Workstation Security
- Workstations may only be accessed and utilized by authorized workforce members to complete assigned job/contract responsibilities.
- All workforce members are required to monitor workstations and report unauthorized users and/or unauthorized attempts to access systems/applications as per the System Access Policy.
- All workstations purchased by LifeWIRE are the property of LifeWIRE and are distributed to users by the company.